hva propell for 1988 Polar 20, Volvo Penta 2002 med 3.02 ?

arnlej

Hello,

Sorry i write in English, i am french and use Google Translate to read this forum, which sometimes gives very strange translations! and it took me two days to answer the norwegian anti-robot question when registering :wink:

I am 39 and the happy owner, since 2011, of a 1988 Polar 20 (from polarboat.no). I had incredible times, tours in Paris with friends and family, and some 15 days trips in France (sleeping in the boat) in the summer.

The propeller is slightly damaged, i don't know if it is the original one, I am hesitating between repairing or changing.

The engine is a (1988 ?) Volvo Penta 2002, 18HP, with MS2B 3.02 reverse gear.

It is actually an hybrid, with an electric 5kW motor on the propeller shaft and 200Ah of 48V LifeyPo4 battery.

I am looking for a propeller to match the Volvo engine, since matching the two doesn't look feasible.

The current propeller is a 3 blades, approx 40cm in diameter, maybe bronze, written "B VP 17 14" on it.

The Volvo reaches 3200 rpm easily, except it starts to fume if it stays at that speed for more than 2 minutes or so... which makes me think the propeller is well adapted (too much torque at 3200 rpm) but i might be wrong.

Any rpm bellow is ok. I usually cruise between around 2300-2500.

I read that I should be getting 10 knots at full, but the max speed I reach is 7 knots (me + 200 kg of electric motor, battery and stuff).

- Do you think my propeller is the original one, from 1988 ?

- is my speed limit normal ?

- If I had to change the propeller, what would you recommend ? 

Takk !

Arnaud

• 5 uker senere...
  • 6 år senere...

Delta i diskusjonen

Du kan skrive innlegget nå, det vil bli postet etter at du har registrert deg. Logg inn hvis du allerede er registrert.

Svar på dette emnet

×   Du har postet formatert tekst..   Fjern formattering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Innholdet du linket til er satt inn i innlegget..   Klikk her for å vise kun linken.

×   Det du skrev har blitt lagret.   Slett lagret

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.