Gear olje lekkasje - alpha one gen2

Theguy

Hi all.

Going to do this in english again because I can't find ghetto right words in Norge.  

So I have a mercruiser 1.7dti that was suffering from overheating. 

Changed a bunch of things like oil, filters, cleaned heat exchanger thermostat and so on, then it was time to change the impeller.  

We split the drove and lowered the bottom half, but noticed a lot of oil was dripping from the top bit.  

At first I figured it was just because we had to disconnect the gear oil hose that's connected between the upper and lower. After reassembling the drive, I noticed the gear oil reservoir was completely empty. 

I bought new oil and filled it up and drove it a few times. 

All seemed well and the fluid was still at the right lever. However...

The next day it was empty again. I though it was maybe just air, so I refilled and drove. All good ....until the next day, and it was half empty.  

I noticed that there is no oil on the water while the boat has been sitting, but when I start it, you can see a green shimmer on the water.  

I'm guessing I need to take it out of the water again to see where the problem lies.  

Has anyone had this issue before, or could give me any pointers as to what might be the problem?

Thanks 

Delta i diskusjonen

Du kan skrive innlegget nå, det vil bli postet etter at du har registrert deg. Logg inn hvis du allerede er registrert.

Svar på dette emnet

×   Du har postet formatert tekst..   Fjern formattering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Innholdet du linket til er satt inn i innlegget..   Klikk her for å vise kun linken.

×   Det du skrev har blitt lagret.   Slett lagret

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.