"No Link " feilkode på autohelm ST6000

S/Y EIMY

Sakset fra http://www.svsarah.com/Sarah/ewElectronicsNMEA.htm - jeg ved ikke om det hjælper i fejlsøgningen..?

When I connected my Raymarine ST600R Autopilot remote controller to the SeaTalk network I received a "No Link" message on the remote display. All of the other electronics appeared to be working properly so I disconnected the ST600R and used my wireless remote controller for the short trip across the Patuxent River.

After returning to Town Creek a few days later I started to troubleshoot the "No Link" problem. At first this seemed similar to the "SeaTalk Fail" problem I encountered in 2006, while in Portugal. However that problem caused the entire SeaTalk network to lock up, this time it appeared that only the ST600R was having a problem.

Since that 2006 problem I've split the SeaTalk network into two legs. One leg is powered from the main breaker panel and includes the ST600R, all instruments, GPS, LifeTag, S3 Course Computer, C120 MFD, and the Brookhouse Mux. The second leg is powered by the S3 Course Computer (on the second SeaTalk interface) and includes the ST6000 AP controller and the wireless AP remote controller.

I powered down or removed components from the network with no change in the symptoms. I traced the entire main leg of the network and re-seated each of the cable connections. Again no change. At that time I submitted a request for technical support to Raymarine. I was getting close to a planned departure for the Bahamas and I needed to resolve this issue ASAP.

While waiting for a response from Raymarine (this was a weekend) I remembered that the C120 MFD could display the ID of all devices connected to the SeaTalk network. When I called up that display the C120 could only identify 4 devices, the Depth Sounder, the ST600R, and two unknown devices. If I disconnected the ST600R that device disappeared from the list, but the C120 still could not see any of the other devices on the network.

Now I was convinced the problem must elsewhere than in the ST600R. Finally I found a small terminal strip I had used to provide a junction for SeaTalk cables that did not have the molded terminal. This strip was partially hidden behind some other wiring above the engine compartment. When I tugged on each of the wires, the yellow data cables were loose. This terminal strip was between the C120 MFD, Depth Sounder, LifeTag Base and ST600R and the rest of the network. So the C120 could see those devices, but not the GPS, AP, Speed or Wind instruments. This was not apparent because the data from the missing devices was being sent to the C120 via the NMEA network. Only the ST600R complained of the network problem, because it could not communicate with the S3 Course Computer.

Delta i diskusjonen

Du kan skrive innlegget nå, det vil bli postet etter at du har registrert deg. Logg inn hvis du allerede er registrert.

Svar på dette emnet

×   Du har postet formatert tekst..   Fjern formattering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Innholdet du linket til er satt inn i innlegget..   Klikk her for å vise kun linken.

×   Det du skrev har blitt lagret.   Slett lagret

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.