English: Sabb GG into GAG

Tk

Hello Fiks

Thank you for your answer. You are right, it is obviously better that I have to get used to the pitch control. Also because of the reason that I got a second shaft plus propeller as a surplus for free. Both never used.

So all I need is a ship for my motor. :lol:

Greetings

Tobias

To have it, is better then to need it!

This Sabb model is also commonly used in bomb shelters here in Norway, to power lights and nuclear pollution air filtrations system.

I was earlier in the Civil defense and since I had seen a Sabb before I was asked to assist in starting it....

With the instructor turning the flywheel and me operating the decompression it fired up immediately. A couple of days later I got a letter saying that I was appointed responsible for the power system...

(If you haven't noticed already Tobias, you can select English skin (buttons) and text using the pull down menus at the lower left on the page, beside the orange RSS icon).

@ ingar

(If you haven't noticed already Tobias, you can select English skin (buttons) and text using the pull down menus at the lower left on the page, beside the orange RSS icon).

OK Thank you, I have to learn Norwegian too.

Greetings

Tobias

Redigert av Tk (see edit history)

...I have found some photos of a Sabb GAG with mounted generator and probadly fuel pump.

Hello again, Tobias!

I suppose that, under normal circumstances, the fly-wheel on an air cooled Sabb - if it has the right fin-extentions - is generating enough draught / wind - which then is guided around the heat-sensitive parts of the motor, with the different hoods and channals - to cool the motor.

The pictures you have there are most peculiar. I just cannot understand HOW this motor gets the necessary cooling from that fly-wheel! :confused:

This picture shows just an ordinary Sabb G-model flywheel, totally flat in the front......

e8f6_1.jpg

......without the ribs / fins on the fly-wheel-front wich is clearly seen in this picture....

sabb_luftkjoelt_ga_2.jpg

:confused:

Looking at this pump I become more "puzzeled", as it looks like an ordinary bilge-pump assembly that normally is mounted on the G-model as an extra. This pump is a sentrifugal pump with quite a big output. How one may use this as a primary diesel-pump for such a small motor (using very small amounts of diesel) is a mistery to me. :confused: In comparison the "original" diesel primary-pump is a slow-mooving membrane-pump.

:o)

This just goes to proof the old say'ing: "The more you see, the more you learn" - and - "The more you learn, the less you understand..."

:lol:

Have a nice Hollyday!

:santcheers:

Medlem i Søndre Kråkerøy Båtforening og "Vraktangen Dram- og Lutefisklag"

Påstand: Isskrape er også båtutstyr! :o)

HADDE tresjark og Sabb 10hk G-modell fra 1990 MED HERLIG LYD! - Har nå konvertert til PLAST! Tromøy 23 m Sabb 2H fra 1975

Walter's HJEMMESIDE ><((((º>

Hi Walter

Now that you mention it, you are right. But the flywheel has the same "old" color, so it does not look "replaced"

For me it is only important to know that I can mount a generator. For the required spares I have send a mail to Sabb.

Tell me, where do you have the photo of this silver GA from? Perhaps I can contact this person.

Have a merry christmas an d a happy new year. :santcheer1:

Tobias

Delta i diskusjonen

Du kan skrive innlegget nå, det vil bli postet etter at du har registrert deg. Logg inn hvis du allerede er registrert.

Svar på dette emnet

×   Du har postet formatert tekst..   Fjern formattering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Innholdet du linket til er satt inn i innlegget..   Klikk her for å vise kun linken.

×   Det du skrev har blitt lagret.   Slett lagret

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.