Projekt: Scand 9200

doctordre

Received the materials for overhauling the engines.

all new fittings and bolts, gaskets, hoses and all the things that can be replaced. Also new carburatoirs (edelbrock) The original rochesters where difficult to get. And added a spacer and thermic-isolator (box with the red stripe on the bottom of the picture)between the intake and the carburator

This give you 10-15 HP more. With this spacer you create a larger mixing chamber, so you get a better air/fuel mix(not ratio)

bilde

A new intake manifolt will do also an extra 60-75 hp. This was for a friend of mine.

bilde

Redigert av doctordre (see edit history)

Very nice, remember to check for zinkanode in heat exchanger. Also clean or buy new risers. I love the V8s. Good work!! This boat is coming along nicely. Keep posting pics!

In this case a zinc anode is not necessary because I am a sweet water pirat. But the risers will be cleaned out. They are already checked on crazing because I saw some corrosion. luckily it was moisture that arose due to temperature differences( engine stood still for 6 years).

Mostly I will be close to home, cause we have excellent recreational waters and forests.

https://www.google.no/search?hl=nl&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1477&bih=723&q=biesbosch&oq=biesbosch&gs_l=img.3..0l9.1871.4653.0.5611.9.6.0.3.3.0.112.598.3j3.6.0....0...1ac.1.32.img..0.9.658.15ss7PzPdd8

The sea is about 80km from home,

The biggest problem is that these V8's like a lot of fuel. approximately 110 litre WOT per engine. So the range is 2,5 hours of full speed. that will be about 225km.

Also I have put the boat on the scale and the boat weighs 3420 kg without fuel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has somebody a Scand 9200 with a wastewater tank?

I would like to know where and how the tank is placed. and if or how, the toilet is connected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redigert av doctordre (see edit history)

• 3 uker senere...

Start refurbish the drive. the part are plasted and then coating with two component paint.

bilde

Now preparing the othe part of the drive.

in between breaks checked the waterpump. It is terrible what it does to your equipment when it just stands there for 6 years doing nothing.

bilde

a big difference between old and new. but now it is replaced, i am feeling a lot better.

bilde

Slowly building up.

• 3 uker senere...

Nice work :smiley:

I would recommend stainless steering swivel shafts for a long life.

bilde

I wish I thought about ss swivel shafts. Bought normal ones already.

In the mean time I opened the floor to get access to the water tank. The floor piece will be changed to a lit.

bilde

• 2 uker senere...
  • 2 uker senere...

Again some progress.

Replaced the old fuel lines. And instead through the tail-board, the fuel lines are now along the sides, together with the electric wiring,

bilde

The third hose is for the generator.

From the tanko the back is still 6 meters.

bilde

it was a hard struggle to get the fuel lines in. Because of all the difficult places that are terrible to reach. But fortunately some tools are worth their money.

bilde

To pick up the full line, I made a little hook on a wire and taped the camera also on the wire. On the fuel line a loop of copper wire was made.

then stuck the camera with the hook in the side hole, looking for the loop to pick it up with the hook. It took several hours but it is there.

Also the complete wiring for the engine bay is finished, except for one mercathode still.

the original air intakes where soft and damaged. They are still black here.

bilde

Just made a mix of resin with micro balloons. then sanded them and put some paint on it. then felt a lot stronger.

bilde

And finally also made a hatch to reach the water tank. well at least a professional carpenter did it. he used the piece that came out.

So it looks like it has always been there.

bilde

bilde

• 2 uker senere...

Did most of the electrics

Removed the kitchen to add warm water and also 230V for cooking and kitchen appliances or telephone charger.

Also for a larger refrigerator. The diesel cooker will be replaced by a induction cooker. it is a lot smaller and also smells less than a diesel.

bilde

Also removed the toilet. So now i could remove the old waterhoses and replace them. perhaps even put warm water there.

the toilet wil also be replace bij an electric toilet. So it works the same as at home. it makes it al lot easier for most people.

bilde

It is also a good opportunity to clean behind the the cabinets.

• 1 måned senere...

after being "out of order" for a few weeks, I restarted on the overhaul.

Replace the old water pump (11 ltr/min) by a lager one(21 ltr/min)

All the water hoses are replaced by pipe. also put in a boiler for warm water for the shower and kitchen.

bilde

bilde

Normally the pipes are white, as you can see. I used heat shrink used for electric wiring. So I can see what is warm and what is cold.

Since I was planning on changing the refrigerator, the whole kitchen will be changed.

bilde

Now there is room for a larger fridge and a induction cooker will be on top of it. The right side (where the fridge was) will be a two story cupboard and

low drawer for cutlery. the plan is also to replace the front by mahogany wood. I saw some Scand pictures, and that looks really awesome. Does remind me

when I still lived on the barge of my parents( their occupation). The whole inside was made of this wood.

Also changed the windscreen wipers. It makes a lot less noise than the old ones.

bilde

now waiting till the fridge will arrive.

Delta i diskusjonen

Du kan skrive innlegget nå, det vil bli postet etter at du har registrert deg. Logg inn hvis du allerede er registrert.

Svar på dette emnet

×   Du har postet formatert tekst..   Fjern formattering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Innholdet du linket til er satt inn i innlegget..   Klikk her for å vise kun linken.

×   Det du skrev har blitt lagret.   Slett lagret

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.