Projekt: Scand 9200

doctordre

• 1 måned senere...

Really nice boat. Impressed!!

What happened with the engines? Still work in progress?

Engine work is stopped at the moment. I just don't have enough room. 

I try to finish the trailer as soon as possible, so i can get the other boat  (Donzi 3250) out of the water.

the drives and engine(Volvo)  goes from the Donzi into the scand.

And the mercruisers goes into the donzi.

Both boats win. the Donzi will have semi Original engine and drives. And the gearratio will go from 1.95 to1.5 also, so the donzi will go faster. 

And Volvo's are more commonly used in the scand.

The scand will be slower  because of this ratio, but the engine's have a CANBUS driven electronic injection system. so i can connect them to my network system.

For me there´s three things that makes this one stand out:

1: The colour! I´ve never seen an all-blue 9200 before and I think it looks very good!

2: The upholstery. You´ve done a great job making the boat look as good in the cockpit as it does just looking at the whole boat. Looking at the total package you´d never now that the 9200 is actually a pretty ancient design!

3: The engineering. I´m an engineer myself (working with radars) and I absolutely love the dashboard/instrumentation and the electronics behind it. It pretty much makes every brand new boat look slightly obsolete.

I am also a huge fan of the general workmanship and the amount of work you´ve put into all the technical solutions, wiring and all those things that take so much time to do, but once all the panels are in place and hatches are closed, no one will really see. Even brand new boats often have quite shoddy workmanship "behind the scenes", so seeing an old boat brought up to this standard makes the engineer in me very happy indeed! :thumbsup:

Redigert av Kenneth (KAH81) (see edit history)

Skibsplast 675 HT med Suzuki DF 250, Biam 800 HT med Yanmar 4JH2-HTE 75Hk

Mazda 929Toyota Celica, Volvo 940GL, Jeep Commander Overland, Volvo 740GL, Mercedes C200 Kompressor, Opel Astra, Mazda CX-5

thank you very much Kenneth.

indeed some brands have shoddy work behind the panels. and usually its the wiring. 

But if you see the workmanship of the people on the forum. and some amazing wood work 

I wonder what would be the result if they would make a boat together. would be a masterpiece :smiley:

-This boat was not even my first choice, because of the colour.   But together with the teak deck it looks good. I have never seen it somewhere else with scand.

-the upholstery is an idea I got  from classic cars. the colour combination took a while. because brown and blue are difficult to combine.

-indeed when the hatch is closed, the result is hidden behind the panels.  

I am still thinking about a radar.

since recent I work solely with sonar equipment.

I think it is made 2 of this color from scand. And i belive They are sold to the samme person new.

Do you have the history for this one?

What I know of this boat: The previous owner was German. Mr Schmidt from Munich if I am correct. And his wife was very rich.

The boat spent most of the time in Spain.

• 2 måneder senere...

the new trailer is ready.

9,5 meters long and can carry a load of 7500Kg

bilde

Since the weather is terrible it gave the opportunity to check how the new tent was doing.

A heavy storm  has passed and the fierce wind blew a piece of the tent out of its rail.

So made the kadors thicker in the corners and the end pieces of the rail. that solved the problem when the second storm went by

And sealing the crack between the targa bar and the boat. water came through.

But worse were the air vent on the sides. With very heavy rain and wind, so much water came in that the waterhole at the end could not cope and

the rest went into the eginebay.  

Redigert av doctordre (see edit history)

• 3 uker senere...
  • 2 måneder senere...

The engine are out. Just little things to check like the condition of the hoses and add a connector for the dashboard.

bilde

Also the Volvo drives are as good as new.

bilde

Now I am looking for spare parts. In general these drives are for diesel engines. The Bullhorns are also for a diesel. now I am looking for the bullhorn for an 8.1 liter. 

The diameter of the diesel exhaust is smaller than of the gas engine.

Also I am looking for sprockets to change the ratio. it is now 1:1.96.. the right ratio for me is 1:1.68  

So if anyone has an idea where to find these?  suggestions are more than welcome.

• 3 uker senere...

Hi Doctordre

The stainless exhaust system you got looks cool. I have the same engine and I am considering replacing my stock exhaust manifolds. Could you share what kind of stainless exhaust system it is, and (if you want) what was the price?

Thanks, Ineqinn

New forum software is active. Cool.  The same code like the forum in Holland www.sportbotenforum.nl.

Well we fixed the exhaust pipes. and it looked great. However,

After careful measuring, the engines are 5 cm to close to each other. Unfortunately no stainless steel exhaust pipes.

No extra 20HP so I stick to my 420HP engine.

IMG_3979_JPG_3ad8762d20c61807b0020e0d359c2a60.jpg.a8dfb09ed4978dc6c17022d4016cda80.jpgIMG_3982_JPG_817d6ab4ac3c446d0d3a186effec3eeb.jpg.0fef84e0172c19005ae2c1b4064980c6.jpg 

• 2 måneder senere...

Not everything works out fine. Winter was no problem but the heavy rain we got in May.

A lot of water came in to the engine room. And since the tent was waterproof it could only come from

one place. The air intake. I had to remove the cable carriers to see what behind.

003.jpg.df0810597f8afe12d5bf4d43ae54e84d.jpg

Then I poored in some water. and the leaks were visibe. but could not see the crack or holes.

First I tried to fix the leaks with topcoat. But it kept its thick viscosity so it did not flow well.

So to be shure I poored in reson with glass and let it dry.

064.jpg.5d47c4ead57163a66b37d732996faabe.jpg

Now the level is so high that it is no longer possible for water to remain between the deck.

061.jpg.668cd629e73ebcab5a3f2b23c609db29.jpg

tested again with a litre of water. this time no leaks any more. Pff  :cheers:

Now I am busy with the Volvo transom. doing a refurbish. change all rubbers and repaint that kind of stuff.

also I am looking for a converter so that an electronic throttle can control a mechanical clutch.

• 2 uker senere...
  • 3 uker senere...

Delta i diskusjonen

Du kan skrive innlegget nå, det vil bli postet etter at du har registrert deg. Logg inn hvis du allerede er registrert.

Svar på dette emnet

×   Du har postet formatert tekst..   Fjern formattering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Innholdet du linket til er satt inn i innlegget..   Klikk her for å vise kun linken.

×   Det du skrev har blitt lagret.   Slett lagret

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.